Recently published articles by Thea Natalie:












Friday

A misty haze.... Day 2 LFW AW12

A model at the Carlotta Actis Barone show, LFW AW12

Day 2 of LFW had two of my favourite shows of the whole week. Carlotta Actis Barone and Rira Surawaga of Dans La Vie. The weather was awful as you probably know and I often found myself using a makeshift show-schedule-cum-umbrella, but it was still an exceptional day.

Carlotta Actis Barone showed her first solo collection at LFW(she usually shows as part of Fashion Mode) and didn't disappoint an eager crowd, and an eager moi. I've been following her for 3 seasons now and I find that the tailoring and inventiveness keeps improving with each collection. Her approach to the creative process is based on the circumstantial, and I like that the ranges usually reflect how she's been feeling for the months before the season. I had the opportunity to interview Carlotta after the show, so pretty please read the next issue of Unfolded if you're interested in her!

 A Carlotta tradition, worded bodysuits printed with the inspiration for the collection

Earlier in the day Dans La Vie were channelling super heros and comic books, to bring about one of the first colourful and energetic ranges I had seen during the week. This season there was a high level trend toward lace and tulle in many of the shows, and even though the craftsmanship and design is impeccable and varied from designer to designer, there comes a point where you crave something different. Dans La Vie was definitely it. The trench coats were by far my favourite, the characters portrayed on the catwalk a perfect amalgamation of Dick Tracy and Japanese anime theming. Rira is likely to become another of my seasonal stalky-stalky. 


The rest of the day was a blur of back row peeking at collections in the Freemason's and Goldsmith's, perching on precarious ledges attempting to get a view or a single shot, along with the fashion masses. The only way to recover? Olive oil laden goodies. x





5 comments:

.sabo skirt. said...

These are gorgeous outfits. They all look great. The prints were also awesome.
And also, the food looks yummy!

Much love from the SABO SKIRT girls!
SHOP: http://www.saboskirt.com
BLOG: http://www.saboskirt.blogspot.com

Fabliha said...

damn that print is so stunning - I also love the styling in the show
xx

INSIDE IN INSIDE OUT

Victoria said...

I love the jumpsuit! so amazing! I wish I could pull off a jumpsuit like that :)

thea natalie said...

The styling is always incredible with Carlotta, right down to the jumpsuit each season, massive fan :)

Karina De Jesus said...

the first shot is just WOW! the feel of the collection is captured perfectly!!